The Ambassador program is an integral part of the membership outreach and retention program of the Cecil County Chamber of Commerce. The group is comprised of local professionals that are charged with bringing community attention to the Chamber and the members it serves.
Ambassadors are men and women who, on behalf of the Cecil County Chamber, make goodwill calls and visits on a regular basis to Chamber members and must have been a member of the Chamber for a minimum of six months.
Ambassadors assist in membership retention by making contact with other members to relay information, ascertain comments, identify concerns and re-elicit support for the Chamber. One of the main responsibilities of the Ambassadors is to contact new and existing members to invite and bring them to Chamber events and programs. An Ambassador must currently be employed by a business member -- owner, manager, representative. An Ambassador will lose membership status for the following reasons:
- If his/her firm cancels membership in the Chamber.
- If his/her firm’s membership dues reach 120 day delinquent status.
- If he/she does not perform the duties of the Ambassador group as outlined under Responsibilities.
Goals of the Program
- To retain existing Chamber members.
- To maintain a two-way communication link between the Chamber and its members.
- To assist members in obtaining maximum value from their Chamber investment.
- To ensure the success of all Chamber events and functions.
Responsibilities of Ambassadors
- Provide support and volunteer for all Chamber events.
- Assist the Chamber staff in planning and implementing events and programs
- Participate in New Member Orientation.
- Attend a minimum of 9 events.
- Attend a minimum of 9 Ambassador Meetings – Meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month at 8:30 a.m. in the Chamber Office
- Mentor and greet new members as well as old members.
- Provide a commitment to the Ambassador program, by communicating regularly with members giving them current information on events, programs, etc. Ambassadors may serve as long as they meet the responsibilities as spelled out above and below.
- Facilitate communication between the Chamber and Chamber members by relaying information and ascertaining member comments.
- Ambassadors will promote the Chamber in a positive, professional manner. Ambassadors will contact members to promote Chamber activities, not to solicit business for their own companies. In case of a conflict with a member, always refer to Chamber staff. Do not put yourself in the middle of a conflict between a Chamber member and the Cecil County Chamber.
- Communicate on a regular basis with chairman and Chamber staff.
- Contact non-renewing members for an exit interview.
- Contact new and existing members to invite and bring to Chamber events and programs on a monthly basis.
- The Ambassador Committee will conduct a Membership Survey on a quarterly basis to assure members’ needs are being met and to maintain the level and improve the satisfaction of our new and current members who are up for renewal.
If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador, please complete the Ambassador Application form.